How can you study for a quiz or a test?
Don't know how to study? Try some of these tips:
1. Make flashcards for everything from vocabulary words, formulas, practice math problems, and questions/answers. These can be used for ANY class.
2. Rewrite your notes into two columns. Put the main ideas in a column on the left-hand side of your paper and then list the details on the right side. Fold the paper in half and see if you can list the details for all of the main ideas. Or, have someone quiz you.
3. Take practice tests or complete the study guides if available. These tools usually help you to focus on the material that will be covered so you don't waste your time reviewing material you won't need.
4. Rework missed homework problems in math. It's best to do this each night so you don't get behind. Or, ask for extra practice problems.
5. Ask for blank copies of maps for social studies or ask for blank diagrams in science so you can practice labeling names.
STUDY SKILLS AND ORGANIZATION GUIDE
Use the information in the Zebra Study Skills and Organiztion Guide to help you prepare for upcoming assessments!