Parent Email Sent Out 3/27/14
We hope your children had an enjoyable track-out and behaved themselves. We have one more quarter to go; let's hope Mother Nature is done with the ice and snow. Here are a few updates and reminders before we start back next Monday.
1. There is NO make up day this Saturday. Track 1 students do not need to return until Monday. As of today, we know of two more Saturday make up sessions: April 26th and May 3rd.
2. The money and permission forms for our Kabuki/Bowling trip are due to homeroom teachers by Friday, April 4th. We are in need of 4 more chaperones for the bowling portion of our trip. If you are interested, please contact Mr. McMahon at email@example.com.
3. Students are expected to return a signed copy of their report card to their homeroom teacher when they return next week.
4. The EOGs and other final exams will begin on May 16th and run through the following week. Please avoid scheduling any appointments or trips for your child during these days. The testing window is later this year and there is little time for make up testing. There will not be any retakes this year.
5. Spirit Week is next week. Please share the daily themes with your child so we can return on Monday with high participation. The days are as follows:
Monday 3/31: Spartan PRIDE Day (wear Salem gear)
Tuesday 4/1: Glow in the Dark Day! (wear clothes & accessories that glow in the dark)
Wednesday 4/2: Cancer of many Colors Day..6th grade wears Pink (breast cancer)7th grade wears Orange (leukemia)8th grade wears Green (kidney cancer)
Thursday 4/3: Mustache Day
Friday 4/4: Would you be my friend if I wore THIS? Day (wacky tacky)SPRING FLING DANCE!$5 admission7-9pmPermission Slip needed to enter.
Photobooth & concessions available!
Thank you for your continued support!
The Zebras Teachers
Kabuki and Bowling Field Trip
We had a great time at Kabuki and Bowling! Kudos to the students for their outstanding behavior and participation. Thank you to our parent chaperones for helping us make the trip safe and fun!
Want a yearbook? Follow these directions....
Log on to www.jostensyearbooks.com. Enter “Salem Middle School”, “Apex”, and “NC”. If you still have the order form you received in the mail, you should enter your account number, which is on the form.
Friday, May 16th = NC Final Exam - Social Studies
Monday, May 19th = NC EOG - Reading
Tuesday, May 20th = NC EOG - Math
Wednesday, May 21st = NC Final Exam - Science
Friday, May 23rd = NC EOC - Common Core Math 1
Wednesday, May 28th = NC Final Exam - CTE
Snow Make Up Days
Note: The make up day scheduled for March 29th has now been cancelled.
Who are we?
Ms. Durham - Social Studies
Mrs. Fanning - Language Arts
Mr. McMahon - Math
Ms. Taylor - Science
Ms. Holden - Resource L.A.
Mrs. Hampton - Resource Math
Mr. Asmus - CA, ICR, and Resource Math
Ms. Catlett - Guidance Counselor
Where are our bookmarks?
Ms. Durham - Cress by Marissa Meyer
Mrs. Fanning - The Maze Runner by Dashner
Ms. Taylor - Long Black Veil by Jeanette Battista
Click here to access HomeBase/PowerSchool.
Update from WCPSS...
Account information will be distributed at your child's school. Each parent or guardian will have one account. If you have more than one child enrolled at WCPSS, you will receive an access ID for each child, which you add to your single account. If you had an active SPAN account and your child is attending the same school s/he attended last year, you will automatically receive access information from your child's school to create your Home Base Parent Portal once it opens. If your child is attending a different school this year (this includes students moving from 8th grade to 9th grade), then you will need to complete one of the following access forms:: notary public form and photo ID.