Parent Email Sent Out Thursday...In Case You Missed It
Before we track-out, we wanted to share some quick updates with you:
1. Spring Pictures - These need to be returned or paid for by Friday.
2. 8th Grade Registration - Forms need to be completed and returned to Ms. Durham by Friday.
3. Report Cards - These will be sent home tomorrow.
4. Saturday - We have a make up day this Saturday from 8:15 to 11:45.
5. Locker Clean-Out - We are going to go ahead and clean out lockers and turn in locks on Friday. Individual teachers will communicate with their classes what materials are needed for class on Saturday.
6. Overdue Books - Books need to be returned or renewed prior to leaving campus on Friday.
7. Science Quiz - There will be a science quiz on Saturday. Students who know they are not going to be in school on Saturday must come to working lunch or request a Quest pass to take their quiz on Friday.
8. Field Trip - Field trip forms and money are due April 4th. Parents interested in chaperoning should contact Mr. McMahon at email@example.com.
The Zebras Team
STEM Play Corps Opportunity
Learn, play, lead, inspire! Join the STEM Play Corps at Marbles Kids Museum.
Marbles STEM Play Corps is a group of middle school students who love science and enjoy inspiring young scientists. Participants take part in hands-on science learning with content experts, visit STEM research facilities around the Triangle and work alongside Team Marbles educators to playfully engage younger kids in science play at Marbles and in the community.
Click here for more information.
Stemville Science Symposium
Morehead Planetarium is hosting a 1-day science camp for middle-school students on April 5th. Students will make connections between science, math, and technology while experimenting. Click here for more information.
Want a yearbook? Follow these directions....
Log on to www.jostensyearbooks.com. Enter “Salem Middle School”, “Apex”, and “NC”. If you still have the order form you received in the mail, you should enter your account number, which is on the form.
Click here to access HomeBase/PowerSchool.
Update from WCPSS...
Account information will be distributed at your child's school. Each parent or guardian will have one account. If you have more than one child enrolled at WCPSS, you will receive an access ID for each child, which you add to your single account. If you had an active SPAN account and your child is attending the same school s/he attended last year, you will automatically receive access information from your child's school to create your Home Base Parent Portal once it opens. If your child is attending a different school this year (this includes students moving from 8th grade to 9th grade), then you will need to complete one of the following access forms:: notary public form and photo ID.
Snow Make Up Days
No word yet on when we will make up the cancelled make up day on March 8th.
Who are we?
Ms. Durham - Social Studies
Mrs. Fanning - Language Arts
Mr. McMahon - Math
Ms. Taylor - Science
Ms. Holden - Resource L.A.
Mrs. Hampton - Resource Math
Mr. Asmus - CA, ICR, and Resource Math
Ms. Catlett - Guidance Counselor
Where are our bookmarks?
Ms. Durham - Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
Mrs. Fanning - The Maze Runner by Dashner
Ms. Taylor - Long Black Veil by Jeanette Battista